Monday, September 12, 2016

A sea of Elephant Gods and a trip to paradise






As a city is overtaken by a sea of  Elephant Gods, the sounding of drums beckons me to escape this chaos, I took refuge in my home away from home - 'my little slice of paradise' this weekend. A place where my terrace garden comes alive with luscious green foliage, grey herons sit perched precariously on nests filled with hungry fledglings, I feel one with nature and so blissfully unaware of the religious fervour that grips the city.

I packed my paints, canvases and art supplies and spent a delightfully refreshing weekend slowly soaking in what nature has to offer. With hot cups of tea to fuel the engine, I sat on my terrace under a pale blue sky with only butterflies as a welcome distraction. What would have otherwise been a stressful weekend turned into paradise and a very fruitful exercise indeed.


Later that evening I took a stroll down memory lane, a large isolated, greenery filled patch known to only a hand few, where the sound of crickets and the croaking of frogs filled the fresh rain kissed air. Have you ever heard the crackle of electric wires?- as they sway like swings abandoned by impatient children, it's a surreal feeling walking below them, so much power just waiting to be unleashed, to light up homes and lives...

Feel like an electric wire today as I sway to the rhythm of life, careless, unabashed at the stares shot my way at this display of arrogant oblivion.

Holding my dreams close to my heart I swing higher and higher to the point of tipping over! Dreams that come alive when the world sleeps and the mind wanders into the wonderful unknown. Where magic takes over and reality is but a distant blur. In the twilight I sit with arms stretched out in the hopes of touching delicate candy floss clouds, I catch myself thinking silly thoughts - How wonderful would it be,to be able to take a ride on a wispy white cloud?!

Love the crackling electric wires for weaving dreams built on webs of futures untold. Love that I took the time to create a space where I could work and relax at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment