Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Clenched soul

Have you ever felt like the universe every once in a while, conspires in ways that might be inexplicable! I got to dip my feet in the pool of this 'universal conspiracy' today. What was a run of mill meeting with a close friend of mine which is heady mix of inane conversation, laughter, short walks and long conversation about the things we do best, break down life into little superficial formulae that we both know don't hold true in reality.

Down to the brass tacks and what baffles me and sends a shiver down my spine - I picked up a bunch of books she had recently picked up, one of which was Pablo Neruda's- Twenty love poems and a song  of despair. I knew the second I laid eyes on it, it was a book I'd read and picked up a few months ago. It might be a weird thing, to do, but I like to randomly open a page of a book of poems and let destiny take its course.

This is me some hours ago at my friends place, I randomly landed on the poem titled -Clenched soul, as usual curiosity always gets the better of me, so I made my way back home and decided to revisit my copy of  Pablo Neruda's Twenty love poems and a song  of despair, as I randomly flipped through the pages  I happened to land smack dab at Clenched soul once again.

Let's just leave it at something inexplicable, because I can't explain or comprehend how every line in the poem means something to me at this very moment in time, let alone how I flipped through the same book twice in one day and landed on the same poem!

Ohhhh you brilliantly beautiful and ever surprising life!!

At my friends place

At home



No comments:

Post a Comment